About Gus Teja
Agus Teja Sentosa (Gus Teja) is a flute (Suling) maestro from a small village near Ubud, Bali. He is the youngest of four children from his parents I Nyoman Kadjil and Ni Wayan Darpini. He began playing the flute while attending elementary school, but also spent a lot of time during that period practicing the gamelan (Balinese traditional musical instrument). As the years progressed, his preoccupation with wind instruments sparked a passion for learning all he could about wind instruments from around the world.
Over the years, Gus Teja continued to challenge himself, creating new instruments to augment his passion for flutes. Gus Teja crafted artifacts ranging from whittled wood instruments to full-fledged bamboo flutes. He is constantly harmonizing his music, combining traditional and modern instruments to produce a unique signature blend.
About Gus Teja World Music
Gus Teja World Music is a leading Balinese music group determined to spread global peace and love through the universal, spiritual and uplifting language of music. With seven talented musicians, Gus Teja World Music blends traditional musical instruments such as slonding, tingklik, drums, and flute combined with modern musical instruments like guitar and bass guitar. The band’s lead musician and namesake, Gus Teja, is a flute (Suling) maestro from a small village near Ubud, Bali.
Gus Teja skillfully plays a catalog of flutes from around the world, including Native American Flutes, Ocarina, Quena, Pan Flute, Whistle, Hulusi, and of course the Balinese Flute. Gus Teja handcrafts many of his flutes from material in the rainforest surrounding his Balinese home.
Unable to read or write sheet music, Gus Teja composes songs entirely from memory. He finds inspiration from nature and the spirit of Bali. He is the first and the youngest Balinese musician to skillfully create wonderful ethnic traditional music island of Bali enriched by a fusion of modern influences. Quite simply: Gus Teja has a gift and he is on the verge of a long and successful career.
Formed in 2008, Gus Teja World Music band has already garnered an impressive discography, having released three full length albums and sold over 100,000 copies. “Rhythm of Paradise” was released in late 2009, “Flutes for Love” in 2011, and “Ulah Egar” in 2015. Their early debut single “Morning Happiness” has more than 1,000,000 YouTube viewers and counting.
Gus Teja has become synonymous with contemporary Balinese sound. Gus Teja World Music has performed countless concerts in Bali and at international events such as in Taiwan, Malaysia, South Korea, and Washington DC, USA.
Gus Teja world music past performance :
. Konser Budaya Alam Nusantara at Ciputra
Artpreneur, Jakarta, Mei 2018
- 2018 Spring Meetings of the IMF and The World Bank Group, Washington DC, April 2018
- Gus Teja Concert ( Festival Pujian Alam Semesta ), Nature Loving Wonderland, Shinchu, Taiwan – Januari 2018
- Pemuteran Bay Festival, Pemuteran Singaraja, Bali – Desember 2017
- Pegelaran Senam Kasih Semesta 2017, Deli Serdang Medan – November 2017
- Indonesia Tourism Outlook 2018, Ayodya Resort Bali – November 2017
- Charity Concert “Voice of Angel”, Kertalangu Denpasar, November 2017
- Festival Seni Budaya Inla, Art Centre Denpasar – November 2017
- Trash Festival 2017, Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali – November 2017
- Pecatu Festival 2017, Badung Bali – October 2017
- Pesona Mandiri Nusa Dua Fiesta 2017, Nusa Dua bali, October 2017
- Gema Perdamaian, Lapangan Bajra Sandi Renon, Denpasar – October 2017
- Sundara Album Launch 2017, Kumulilir Bali – October 2017
- AFF Awards 2017, Sofitel Nusa Dua,Bali – September 2017
And many other artistic experiences that can not be mentioned one by one.